JY is open! Customer Protocols under Covid restrictions
The studio is now back open with new protocols in place designed to keep everyone safe. The health and safety of our members and teachers remains our first priority and we require all customers to follow new protocols as follows:
(These protocols may be eased as restrictions lift.)
Please make sure to complete our new health declaration/waiver before coming to class.
Registration & Passes – changes to policy
Members must pre-register for all classes. Given the new maximum class size of 12 people we cannot guarantee any walk-in spaces. Bring your yoga mat! (and a blanket or cushion if you need one).
To allow everyone to participate in classes during the restricted phase:
Discount monthly members/Access/Easy passholders are restricted to 3 class pre-registrations per week.
Premium monthly members – no sign-up restrictions. Drop-in passes no restrictions.
You will be charged for the class if you pre-register and do not show up. If your spot is taken by someone else you will not be charged.
You may cancel yourself out of class via your online account up to 3 hours before start of class.
We cannot support registration changes by email.
Entering/exiting JY for all classes
- Wait outside on right (west side) keeping 2m distance at all times and enter studio from the right (west side). Leave to the left (east side)
- Access to the studio will ONLY be given 15 mins before each class. No exceptions.
- Latecomers will not be allowed entry.
Inside the studio:
- Please use hand sanitiser each time you enter the studio
- Sign in at the desk so that we can check you off our system
- You can use the cubbies to deposit your belongings and you should then proceed into the studio without delay taking a mat space at the FRONT of the studio and use up all spaces from front to back in that order.
- Keep 2 m distance from anyone not in your immediate family at all times
- One bathroom only in use
- If you use a studio prop (hard block or dowel) you must sanitise it thoroughly after class with the wipes provided and leave it on the floor. We will make sure props are cleaned and put away after class.
- Please wipe down any surfaces you touch with the wipes provided
- Water cooler not in use – please bring your own pre-filled water bottle
- Changing rooms can be used
- No studio mats available at this time
- No soft/fabric props available at this time (blankets, chip foam blocks, bolsters)
- Purchases of mat and own props is encouraged
- If you develop experiencing any prolonged coughing or sneezing during sessions please go to the bathroom/exit the studio with the teacher’s support
Our Click & collect service is now available online for customers to buy our shop products.
What we are doing to prevent spread of infection
- Reduced desk time - passes purchased online
- Controlled entry/exit to studio
- Limited class size
- Contact areas of the studio will be disinfected after each class
- Studio mats and soft props will not be available for general use so you will need to bring your own
- We will offer all our members mat discounts so that they can purchase their own mats and we'll have a stock of affordable mats available to buy
- Customers (or teachers) exhibiting symptoms of any infectious illness will not be allowed into the studio
- Customers must complete a health declaration before returning to the studio
- All studio enquiries will be managed by email
I'd like to personally thank all the JY members who have been able to sustain their memberships during the lockdown period. Just Yoga runs a tight operation with loyal and committed teachers and members, we are a small independent studio built on the values of integrity, fairness and quality, with a great deal of heart & soul. We are a solid community and these values are reflected by our membership. During this time I've received many messages of support that have brought me to tears, and many comments and lovely emails about how you are appreciating and enjoying the online classes. Myself and all the JY teachers are grateful for your support and we hope that you and your loved ones are all remaining well during this time and we look forward to seeing you again at the studio!
With love & appreciation,
Jeni Bond - studio owner